Saturday, November 29, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving... a few days late.

This Thanksgiving was mine and Alex's very first Turkey day as a married couple. When we woke up, or when I woke up, I took a shower and started getting ready to go over to my mom's for breakfast, and I was actually excited because I knew I didnt have to work for a few days!!! YaY!! We were due over there at 10ish, and knowing my mom I knew if we showed up at like 10:30, that would be fine. At 9:30 I told Alex it was time to get up, and being the sleepy head that he is, he didnt listen. Then at 9:45, I told him again he needed to be up. I could feel myself getting crabby but I didn't want to be that way, so I acted fine. We made it over there by 10:30, and my mom wasnt even finished, so that was ok. Breakfast was tastey too! It was nice because my dad was there, so I got to spend time with him as well. We left to go to Springfield, Illinois to visit Alex's family. We had to eat a second meal there, but it was turkey dinner and not breakfast so it was easier to eat because it wasnt like eating the same thing twice. Luckilly I didnt PIG out each time so i was ok. I was fine til I started having mad stomache issues and had to use the bathroom a few times, which sucked but then it was time to leave. Due to my problem, I had to stop at a gas station because I was sooo uncomfortable using their bathroom... but dont worry, I was fine after that haha!!! So then we drove back to the Stl and went to my grandmas. It was fun there, besides the fact that we had to get there so late, but oh well. By that time, i only had food in my belly for my grandma's amazing fruit salad and I made us plates for leftovers the next day. By the time we got home, I watched some TV, went to bed and Alex asked me, "was this a good first thanksgiving being married?" and I dont know, I thought it was soo sweet because all day I wasnt really thinking of it like that, I didnt really have expectations like that. But it was, it was really special. We got along so well, even him being a slowpoke getting ready, or no fights in the car driving for a few hours.... it was a good day. I have so much to be greatful for. Even today we had to do a 4th Thanksgiving, and Alex went, no complaints or anything. I am so thankful for him. What a good first turkey day! or... weekend.

No comments: